Call for Book Chapters: Contemporary Case Studies on Fashion, Production, Marketing and Operations
Submission guidelines: Full chapter submission deadline is October 31, 2016 Notification of acceptance will be December 31, 2016. Camera-ready version is due February 28, 2017. Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded to Editor Linda Pui-Sze Chow. Please prepare the manuscript following Springer’s guidelines.
This book adopts a case-study approach to examine the contemporary issues in the fashion industry. It will document real-world practices in fashion business from production, marketing to operations. Founded on an extensive review of literature, these case studies will discuss the challenges that are pertinent to the current business environment in this important industry, provide benchmarks and generate insights to practitioners as well as suggest future directions to researchers. This book will serve as a nexus of the theories and the industrial practices that advances knowledge for both the academia and the private sector in fashion business.
Possible topics for the book chapters include, but are not limited to:
- Technological advance in fashion product development
- Globalization and fashion brand management
- Retail franchising in emerging markets
- Brand development in emerging markets
- Omni-channel strategy for fashion business
- Social media marketing of fashion brands
- Big data and business analytics in the fashion industry
- RFID adoption in the fashion industry
- Green and ethical fashion
- Sustainable fashion supply chains