Deadline for submissions: 1 November 2016.
Submission requirements: Manuscripts should be 5000–7000 words and prepared using the Intellect Journal House Style. Please send manuscripts to Michael Mamp and Sara Marcketti. For questions regarding submissions or enquires regarding the journal, please contact Founding Editor of Fashion, Style & Popular Culture, Joseph Hancock.
The fashion and apparel industry is different than ever before with a focus on omni-channel selling and consumer interaction in the design and merchandising process. However, understanding our past can often lead us to a better explanation of today. With so few outlets for scholars to publish works explaining the history of consumers, shopping, retailers and retailing, this special issue of Fashion, Style & Popular Culture is interested in building an understanding of these topics utilizing historical perspectives. Potential topics for the special issue include:
- The cyclical nature of fashionable styles
- History of prevailing trends
- Biographical histories of fashion mavens
- The changing use of technology by consumers and apparel industry insiders
- Consumption patterns
- Shopping trends
- Biographical and conceptual studies of fashion retailing
- Histories of retailing leaders and unsung heroes
- Changes in global supply chain
- And other historical areas relating to shopping and retailing