Critical Studies in Men’s Fashion call for papers
Special Issue: ‘Exhibiting Masculinity’
Deadline to submit is: February 1, 2016
The early twenty-first century has witnessed a relative spark, if not an explosion, of museum projects devoted solely or predominantly to the subject of men’s fashion, and has coincided with new emphasis on questioning and examining forms of dressed and embodied masculinity; see for example Vol. 2 No. 1 of Critical Studies in Men’s Fashion, March 2015.
In this special issue of Critical Studies in Men’s Fashion we are interested in critical intersections between museology, masculinity and fashion. Intellect Books invites submissions on topics including but not limited to the following:
• Museum exhibitions of men’s fashion
• Museum collections of men’s fashion
• Examination of respective issues in developing collections and /or exhibitions of women’s versus men’s fashion
• Masculinity as a subject of museum inquiry
• Problems and practices in exhibiting men’s fashion in the museum
• Audience engagement with museums and masculinity
• Conservation issues around men’s dress
All submissions must follow Intellect’s house style for review. Manuscripts should be approximately 5000-7000 words and use British spelling. It is the author’s responsibility to clear image rights usage if they are included in the manuscript. Please send submissions and queries to the guest editors Sally Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Roger Leong at (Roger.Leong@maas.museum).
See the full call for more information.