Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Annual National Conference: The Sixties: The Culture, the Movements, and the Summer of Love
Wednesday, April 1 through Saturday, April 4, 2015
New Orleans, Louisiana
The Sixties Area of the Popular Culture Association welcomes submissions on any aspect of popular culture from this era. Topics of interest might include, but are not limited to:
- Film, television, and radio of the era
- Analysis of influential books/authors and/or arts/artists e.g. Ginsberg; Warhol
- Religion and spirituality
- Sex, drugs, and rock ‘n roll
- Music and fashion as cultural expression and consumer culture
- Communal living
- 1969, or other significant dates, places, or events, e.g. Days of Rage, etc.
- Countercultural movements—Hippies, SDS, Black Panther Party, the White Panther Party, etc.
- Politics and protests of the era e.g. Civil Rights, Vietnam
- Race and gender issues e.g. the 1968 Olympic Project for Human Rights, NOW
- Media reaction and representation
Deadline for submission of a 100-250-word abstract is November 1, 2014.
Please email Deborah Carmichael at Michigan State University with abstracts, inquiries, or proposals.
Please see the announcement for full details.